The Car Fleet Manager is responsible to ensure that the vehicles are always in an operational state and are tracked accurately. With the information transmitted from the carsharing tracking system, the fleet manager is able to respond quickly to any issues a car may come upon while in service or parked.
He/she is aiming for maximizing the customer driver safety, with fleet efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
The Fleet Manager will:
- Define fleet management processes and KPI and improve them continually
- Keep fleet availability at high level on line with targets by launching and follow-up all necessary actions
- Manage contracts with suppliers and partners (leasing, maintenance, cleaning, insurance, spare-parts, parking management, local authority…) keeping a high Quality of Service and insuring Safety for people and materials
- Propose and implement cost improvements in all fields based on operational KPI, detailed cost analysis and constant benchmark
- Schedule car service, maintenance, yearly check (TÜV) and repair programs; foresee future events and take preventative measures.
- Manage parking rules (city center / residential areas ..) to avoid fines and tows by police.
- Provide quick answer to un-forecasted event (impound, accident…) to minimize risks and costs
- Use car sharing IT systems to collect and analyze technical information about the fleet, identify hot spots and propose profitable car relocation, modification of operation areas
- Coordinate the equipment of new vehicles or replacement of existing fleets
The job may require some work occasional late nights or weekends during busy periods.