Fleet Manager - Washington DC
We usually respond within three days
Free2Move (F2M) is looking for a Fleet Manager in Washington DC as part of our growing deployed fleet Mobility business. Free2move is looking for an exceptional leader with an entrepreneurial mindset, someone who can shift between operational and strategic work, and able to problem solve with the team.
This role combines business strategy and operations as you will work to support and enhance the car sharing business in your designated city. This dynamic role will work collaboratively with the SaaS, Car Sharing, and Car On Demand business teams to overcome challenges and find solutions. This role will be the key contact for all aspects of the city’s fleet, from leading a team, coordinating with city contacts, effectively overseeing all aspects of fleet management and improving operational efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will possess a background in mobility program operations and a proven track record of successful business development implementations.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for the City’s P&L as well as the Quality performance
- Oversee team members in charge of vehicle upkeep, maintenance, and repair, and be able to report out on vehicle metrics and uptime
- Oversee teams in charge of tag & title and vehicle logistics, ensuring prompt and cost-efficient processing
- Oversee logistics and registration expenses and manage costs in line with budget.
- Oversee the city operations of in-fleeting and de-fleeting vehicles
- Drive process improvement, digitalization and automation initiatives to improve processing times, cost and compliance.
- Create reports and presentations to keep controlling department, executive management, and other stakeholders up to date on city performance.
- Monitor vehicle audits, fleet operation Key Performance indicators and fleet maintenance needs
- Assess, select, and handle new/current external suppliers (DMVs, tag agencies, dealerships, transport companies, etc.)
- Collaborate with company legal and procurement teams to manage vendor agreements.
- Ensure Federal and State compliance standards are continuously met.
- Provide training, mentoring, performance planning, and feedback for 2-3 direct reports, and oversee all 3rd party fleet management services.
- Partner with local City Departments
- Observe mobility service trends and new market developments
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience at a rental company, fleet management company, or similar fleet operations experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License and Good Driving Record
- Working knowledge of vehicle maintenance preferred
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experience documenting and analyzing workflows, and initiating process improvements.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment and to actively promote collaboration & teamwork and resolve conflicts.
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Energetic and success oriented.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
WHAT WE OFFER
Working at Free2move means integrating a tribe in which excellence and the culture of performance are synonymous with having a good time; but it also means :
- The opportunity to revolutionize mobility with us!
- A great induction process with lots of surprises
- Career evolution
- Latest technological working tools
- Strong cooperation between our different teams
- International projects
- Annual Bonus Target
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Other wellness stipends
Free2move is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or nationality, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Employment type
What is Free2move purpose? Simplify the mobility of everyone!
Free2Move is the only global mobility brand that offers a complete and unique ecosystem for its private and professional customers around the world and specifically in Europe and USA. Relying on data and technology, Free2Move puts the customer experience at the heart of the business to reinvent mobility and facilitate the transition to E-mobility. As a real marketplace for mobility, the company offers a range of products and services ranging from car-sharing to short, medium or long-term rental, including the reservation of VTC drivers, parking spaces and charging stations via the app, as well as support solutions towards the energy transition or even fleet management for professionals.
Finally, Free2Move designs, develops, produces and distributes electric mobility products and services ranging from charging infrastructure, monthly subscriptions, battery life cycle management to the integration of Vehicle-to-Grid technology (V2G). Free2Move in figures is: 2 million users, 450,000 rental vehicles, 500,000 parking spaces, 250,000 charging points in Europe, 620,000 business contracts and a presence in 170 countries.
For further information: https://www.free2move.com/
Fleet Manager - Washington DC
Loading application form
Already working at Free2Move?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.